Monday, August 26, 2013

The Wild Things

When I think back to my childhood, one of the most memorable books was, "Where the wild things are".



 I loved the monsters, and the idea that the whole book was based around his daydreaming while in time out. I may or may not have spent a bit of time in my room growing up.  I have always wanted to paint a mural with these characters. I finally got my chance, when one of my paint addicted best clients was game for it. 
We spread out the mural in several areas. The main wall where the crib was, I put the boy and a monster swinging from the tree. I also gave him curly blond hair to match the boy who's room it was. 










This cute horned guy, I put on an opposite wall standing by the rocking chair. 




In the bathroom there was tile up the wall to about 4 feet. It was for the perfect space to do the ocean part of the book. The waves went all the way around the room. There were stars and a moon in the sky. I out the boys name "William" on the boat as well.










Over the toilet was this firey fella. Love his goatee! 




Even though it's very story book, this is still one of my all time favorite murals!







No comments :

Post a Comment